Section 2(b) When the person to whom the proposal is made signifies his assent thereto, the proposal is said to be accepted.
General Rules of Offer:
- Acceptance must be unconditional.
- If any condition is added to an acceptance, it is termed as counter offer.
- Acceptance must be done by the person to whom the offer is made.
- Acceptance must communicate to the offeror.
- Tacit acceptance is not an acceptance.
- A mire mental acceptance is not an acceptance.
- Acceptance may be performed by conduct.
- Ignorance of offer may not create any right to acceptance.
- Acceptance must be done by the way mentioned in the offer.
- Acceptance must be done within the specified periods mentioned in the offer.
- In absence of the specific periods, an acceptance must be done with in a reasonable periods.
- A legal acceptance is to offer what a lighted match is to a train of gun powder.
Revocation of Acceptance:
- Every acceptance may be revoked at any time before the communication of it is come into the knowledge of the offeror.
- In case of death or legal disability of the offeree before the communication of its acceptance is come into the knowledge of the offeror.